Today is Saturday! It’s full of possibilities, all of which are off schedule, totally voluntary and fun! To start the day I thought we’d have a special breakfast. The boys went out shooting so I sent them with some to go. Us girls are having a slower more leisurely morning.
Last night I put this in the crock pot:
It smelled wonderful this morning!
I also put out some ground pork to thaw so I could make our favorite sausage.
Alton Brown breakfast sausage recipe
I almost never follow a recipe exactly so this is how I do mine differently from the original.
- I use fresh or dried herbs depending on what’s growing in my garden. Today I used fresh thyme and dried herbs for everything else.
- I use a microplane to grate the nutmeg. (It’s the best/fastest way!)
- Pink sea salt and mixed peppercorns.
- Instead of chopping and cracking etc everything individually I put it all in my Nutribullet and grind it up all together.
- I use my medium ice cream scoop to scoop the sausage mixture onto the griddle and press it down with my hands.
I made some fresh ground coffee my favorite way , French press. Then went outside under the apple blossoms and enjoyed every bite!